Headaches and migraines are common occurrences for people of all ages. Research shows that many people suffer headaches or migraines at one point in life. We all know how headaches can be debilitating. Some headaches can be mild and cause you just a few uncomfortable hours, while others are jaw-clenching and nail-biting. Most people have turned to over-the-counter drugs that only take away the pain for a little while. However, many are ignorant that they can achieve migraine and headache relief through chiropractic care. We at Paunicka Chiropractic Clinic serving Urbana, IL, and Champaign, IL, would like to shed some light on how chiropractors relieve headaches and migraine.
What Are the Causes of Migraine and Headaches?
Suffering from head pain that doesn’t seem to go away? Headaches can be due to several reasons, including:
- Stress and strain
- Pressure from work
- Head trauma
- Irregular sleep and bad eating habits
- Poor posture
- Sinus infections
The exact cause of migraines isn’t known, but several factors increase the occurrence of migraines. Hormones, age, noise, foods, and certain medications may increase the likelihood of headaches or migraines.
How Chiropractors Help with Migraines and Headaches
Chiropractic care is a way of relieving and managing pain caused by headaches and migraines. We use safe, non-invasive treatment methods to relieve your pain. Unlike other medications that only mask the pain, chiropractic care can help treat the root cause of your pain. Treatment for headaches and migraine may include:
- Chiropractic adjustments: We use chiropractic adjustments or spinal manipulation to correct structural misalignment, manipulate your spine and repair your body's physique. Correcting misalignments reduces pressure on your nervous system, resulting in better pain management.
- Corrective exercises: Corrective exercises strengthen the spinal cord and correct the posture. The exercise aims at relieving headaches and migraines and preventing frequent future occurrences.
- Lifestyle advice: We may also use lifestyle advice to promote long-term healing. We will identify the lifestyles and habits that trigger headaches and migraines and replace them with those that promote a happier and healthier life.
Benefits of Seeing a Chiropractor for Your Headache and Migraines
Some of the benefits include:
- Is a non-invasive treatment
- Helps improve physical performance and function
- Helps reduce discomfort and pain
- Helps restores blood flow
- Ideal for patients of many ages
- Helps promote the body’s natural healing
Visit Us for More Information
If you suffer from regular headaches and migraines, try chiropractic care. We can not only treat you but help you make some changes in your life to avoid headaches and migraines in the future. If you are looking for a chiropractor in Urbana, IL, Champaign, IL, and the surrounding area, look no further than us at Paunicka Chiropractic Clinic. You don’t have to learn to live with pain. Book an appointment with us by calling (217) 367-3333.